Region 11 firstname.lastname@example.orgRSGB Region 11
The RSGB divides the United Kingdom into a number of Regions through which the Volunteer Regional Team provide support and assistance to clubs and radio amateurs. Region 11 includes: the former County of Avon (now South Gloucestershire, Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset and North Somerset), Somerset, Dorset (including the Unitary Authorities of Bournemouth and Poole), Devon (including the Unitary Authorities of Torbay and Plymouth), Cornwall, Isles of Scilly and Channel Islands.
The Region covers over 6,800 square miles and contains a population of over 4.25 million people based on 2018 data. Population density averages 622 people/square mile but ranges from 11,033 people/square mile in the City of Bristol to 124 people/square mile in West Devon. The Region is linked by 24,200 miles of roads primarily of "Minor Road" classification.
The Region is served by a team of volunteers comprising an elected Regional Representative and a number of directly appointed District Representatives. Your first point of contact should be with the District Representatives. Since it is hoped that this group will outlive any changes in the current Regional Team it is not proposed to list the individuals in the Regional Team here, full details of who covers what area and their contact details can be found on the RSGB website at:
RSGB Region 11 Team
The purpose of this group is to allow the Region 11 Team, local radio amateurs and clubs to post details of their activities and resources so that clubs and those who don't attend a club within the Region can cooperate over the provision of meetings, speakers, training, rallies and special events. It is also hoped that this will allow the formation of temporary groups around a particular topic or short-term objective. We don't know how this will be received within the Region or how it will evolve and develop so welcome to the journey.
The Regional Team's ambition is to: improve your links the the Regional Team and the Society, encourage cross group communication, to make the resources and expertise of the Region more easily accessible and to promote cooperation and inclusion of anyone with and interest in:
- wireless communication
The Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) is the national membership organisation for amateur radio enthusiasts. The Society is dedicated to the development of the science and practice of amateur radio. It works to increase awareness and understanding of amateur radio and to make the hobby accessible to everyone and:
- Promotes the general advancement of the science and practice of radio communication or other relevant subjects;
- Facilitates the exchange of information and ideas on these subjects among its members;
- Aims to obtain the maximum liberty of action consistent with safeguarding the interests of all concerned
RSGB membership is open to all who have an interest in radio communications. Membership gives you a voice in how amateur radio is governed in the UK and the opportunity to influence the direction and policy of the RSGB. The RSGB is a membership-focused organisation. The national governing body (The Board) is elected nationally. The regional governing body (The Regional Council) is elected on a regional basis. The day-to-day management of the society is under the control of a small team of full time employees who are based at the society’s head office in Bedford.
To join the RSGB click on the link below:
Click this link to join the RSGB
- 61 Members
- 39 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #wiki-notice Updates to or Creation of Wiki Pages 5 topics
- #guidelines-notice 2 topics
- #monthly-notice 2 topics
- #gota2c 1 topics
- #introductions Whooo are you, who-o who-o? (Apologies to fans of The Who) 1 topics
- #sbarc-posts 1 topics
- #thth 1 topics
- #cal-reminder Reminder of an upcoming Event 1 topics